Here are some ways to save and use school supplies:
1. Sort through last year's school supplies. Reuse durable items such as scissors, staplers, pencil sharpeners and rulers.
2. Make items such as backpacks or lunch boxes "new" with fabric paint, patches, ribbons or other decorations.
4. Cover and protect your school books with brown grocery store bags. Get creative with markers or colored pencils to create special designs.
5. Buy reusable school supplies like refillable mechanical pencils or rechargeable batteries.
6. Save wrappers, egg crates, aluminum foil and other recyclable products to make creative crafts.
7. Recycle paper, folders, and other recyclable school supplies in your free Largo residential recycling bin. Don't have residential garbage pickup? Largo offers two recycling centers, which are open to the public.
Have more ideas, let us know in the comments.
Thanks to these resources for back to school tips: