Shopping for school clothes with the sales tax holiday this weekend?
There are some changes to the dress codes at both and Schools that could affect shopping selections.
- Solid-colored shirts (any color) with short or long sleeves. Polo style, collared or crew neck t-shirts are allowed.
- Shorts, pants, skirts must be solid colored (khaki, black, tan, navy blue or gray). Pants, shorts, and skirts must be neat, worn at the waist and un-torn. Jeans are not allowed. Clothing must be mid-thigh or longer.
- No athletic, nylon, spandex, pajama, or knit shorts/pants or jeans are allowed. Undergarments cannot be seen.
- Shoes must be closed toed and have closed heels.
- Plain/solid sweatshirts, sweaters may be worn.
- On school spirit days Largo Middle School t-shirts can be worn.
- Shirts must have sleeves, which cover the underarm and no undergarments should be visible.
- Girls should be able to "bend over and remain modest."
- Midriff must be covered when raising arms.
- Pants should rest on the waistline with no underwear visible.
- Rips or holes in garments cannot be higher than mid-thigh.
- Skirts, dresses and shorts must come to the knee.
- Clothes must not be too tight or too baggy.
- No sunglasses inside without a doctor's note.
- No hats, bandanas, scarves, etc.
- Wear safe and appropriate footwear (no skates, bedroom slippers, shower shoes, etc.)
- Clothing cannot have profane, obscene, or vulgar language
- Undergarments cannot be worn as outer garments.