This two-part seminar is for anyone who thinks he or she wants to own a home, although it is designed especially for low- to moderate-income families and individuals. It is held in two parts; you must obtain both sessions to obtain a certificate of completion.
Topics covered include:
- the various assistance programs that help with down payments or closing costs;
- the services Realtors provide;
- how to pre-qualify or qualify for a mortgage, and how to locate the best mortgage for your situation;
- how to maintain the home to preserve property values;
- how to avoid foreclosure.
The seminar strictly adheres to the approved curriculum of HUD and FNMA. All materials are provided.
Although the seminar is free, you must register in advance.
You must attend both parts in sequence (scheduled a week apart) to obtain a certificate. If unable to attend this sequence, the seminar is offered again later this year.