Live in unincorporated Largo? Seasonal reclaimed water restrictions for Pinellas County Utilities customers will begin on Monday, Oct. 1, in accordance with Pinellas County Code 82-3. These reductions help avoid reclaimed water shortages during Florida’s traditional dry seasons (October to November and April to June).
From Oct. 1 to Nov. 30, irrigation with reclaimed water supplied by Pinellas County is limited to three days per week, based on the resident’s home address. The mandatory seasonal restrictions state:
- Watering is prohibited in the daytime between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- No reclaimed watering is permitted on Monday.
- If your house number ends in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6, 8), water on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- If your house number ends in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9), water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- If your property contains a mix of addresses or if an address cannot be determined, such as common areas associated with a residential subdivision, water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
For City of Largo reclaimed water customers here is the watering schedule.
Overwatering can damage a lawn. Customers are encouraged to limit irrigation with reclaimed water to three days a week or less throughout the year to promote a healthy, drought-tolerant lawn with deep roots. For more information, contact Pinellas County Utilities at (727) 464-4000 or visit www.pinellascounty.org/utilities.
Thanks to Pinellas County Communications for passing this information along.