The price for first-class forever stamps goes up a penny Sunday (Jan. 22).
The convenient and money saving part of the forever stamps is the option to stock up on stamps this week. It’s the first forever stamp price increase since May 2009. Other mail services will also cost more.
Here are some of the price increases:
• Letters (1 oz.) – 1-cent increase to 45 cents
• Postcards – 3-cent increase to 32 cents
• Priority-Rate Small box — $5.35 (current $5.20 at the Post Office)
• Priority-Rate Medium box — $11.35 (current $10.95 at the Post Office)
• Priority-Rate Large box — $15.45 (current $14.95 at the Post Office)
• Large APO/FPO/DPO box — $13.45 (current $12.95 at the Post Office)
• Regular envelope — $5.15 (current $4.95 at the Post Office)
• Legal-size and Padded envelope — $5.30 (current $4.95 at the Post Office)
Need to get it there overnight? The Postal Service will also introduce an express mail flat rate box for $39.95 which can hold up to 70 pounds and be sent anywhere in the country. Flat rate overnight envelopes are still an option, with prices increasing to $18.95.
Want the post office to pickup a package? The newest version of the Postal Service’s iPhone application lets users schedule a next-day free package pickup, order flat-rate shipping supplies and scan package barcodes. The Postal Service offers mobile solutions for Android and BlackBerry, also. For details.