A sobriety checkpoint was setup Friday night to help reduce DUI related injuries.
Law enforcement officers diverted 255 vehicles through the checkpoint out of the 822 vehicles, which passed Babcock Furniture on busy Missouri Avenue North, according to a news release.
The five-hour checkpoint was held who died due to the actions of an impaired driver in 2007, according to a news release.
- 17 arrests
- 22 total charges
- 2 driving under the influence
- 5 driving while license is suspended or revoked
- 7 possession of marijuana
- 3 possession of paraphernalia
- 2 violation of probation
- 3 no valid driver's license