It is a close call when an SUV, at the tail end of a group of vehicles running a red light at Chestnut Street and Ft. Harrison Avenue, slides a lane over to evade cross traffic.
It also is Clearwater Police's Red Light Camera Violator of the Week. The violation comes with a $158 fine.
The video was posted on the Clearwater Police Facebook Page Feb. 13.
Here is what some viewers said:
T.j. Ohlemeier: "These idiots are why riding a motorcycle is so dangerous."
Sheila Pemberton Kynion: "It looks like 4 vehicles ran that red light!! The one right behind the big truck may have the excuse that the light was not visible to him, but the rest, NO EXCUSE!"
Susan Zilligen Krzyston Fults: "I drive this strip regularly and lots of folks run the light then the merge shortly there after is quite ugly. I talk to the cameras as I pass them yet they dont talk back and take no action to make anything safer. What are the cams doing other than creating revenue??"
- Red Light Camera Violator of the Week: Running Red in the Rain
- Cameras Cut Red Light Running in Clearwater
- Clearwater Red-Light Cameras Spy More Than 1,000 Violators in August
- City Approves Red Light Camera Proposal
- Red Light Camera Locations in Clearwater
- Red Light Cameras Running in Clearwater
- Red Light Camera Violator of the Week: On a Boat
- Video: How Do Red Light Cameras Work?
- Red Light Camera Violator of the Week: Green Might Not Mean Go
- Red Light Cameras: Legal or Unconstitutional?
Sign up for the free Clearwater Patch email newsletter to stay connected to your community.