Authorities found a fully functioning meth lab, chemicals, and methamphetamine ready for use at a Largo residence yesterday, according to a news release.
The Largo Police Department and the DEA Methamphetamine Task Force conducted a search warrant at the 2098 Seminole Boulevard location on Lot 129, according to a news release.
The search of the property yesterday followed a thorough investigation during which evidence was acquired in order to obtain the search warrant from the Pinellas/Pasco State's Attorney's office, according to authorities.
Christopher Michael Blondeau, 37, was arrested on an unspecified charge(s) and transported to the Pinellas County Jail, according to a news release
Tips to Help Prevent Methamphetamine in Our Community:
- Be on the look out for suspicious activity and odors. A strong "cat urine" like smell could indicate a meth lab.
- Make your voice heard, and let people know methamphetamine will not be tolerated in our community.
- Educated other citizens and businesses on the dangers of methamphetamine and what they can do to prevent methamphetamine.
- Business people can monitor what they sell,and report suspicious buying patterns to local law enforcement
- Landlords can be aware of what goes on in their rental properties, and protect themselves from the liability and problems stemming from methamphetamine lab clean-up.
Anyone wishing to report similar activity are encouraged to contact the Largo Police Department at 727-587-6730 or their local Police or Sheriff's Department.