Sheriff's deputies arrested 12 drivers and issued 28 citations while patrolling Pinellas County over the weekend, authorities report.
Patrol deputies monitored traffic throughout the county on Friday and Saturday and targeted reckless or aggressive drivers, or those who may have been under the influence of alcohol.
The DUI Wolf Pack operations are conducted monthly, on nights separate from the once-a-month DUI checkpoints.
Deputies say the effort is meant to reduce DUI-related injuries and educate about the dangers of drinking and driving.
Pinellas County Sheriff's released these results from the operation:
- 12 arrests for DUI
- Three felony arrests
- Nine misdemeanor arrests
- Two arrests for the charge of driving while license is suspended or revoked
- One charge for reckless driving
- One charge for violation of business purpose only driver's license
- Two charges for possession of a controlled substance
- One arrest for possession of crack cocaine
- One arrest for possession of diazepam
- 28 citations