1. Pirate Days. Ready Matey for the 11th Annual John Levique Pirate Days Festival? The event is at John’s Pass Village in Madeira Beach. The weekend long event offers a pub crawl, pirate ball, family treasure hunts, boat parade, flotilla invasion, pirate ship cruises and more.
Hours are Friday 3 until 11 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Admission is free. Donations are appreciated for the Fisherman Lost at Sea Memorial.
2. Pigeon Rocks. This month’s second Saturday event at the Countryside Library is at 2p.m. In this program Goody the pigeon reveals the quirky and diverse world of his feathered brethren. The library is located at 2741 S.R. 580 in Clearwater.
3. Open Air Market. is Saturday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the . Vendors will sell local produce, artisan foods, arts & crafts and more. The market is open every Saturday through June 9.
4. Mother's Day. In celebration of Mother’s Day and promoting community health in Greater Largo, the Sun Coast Osteopathic Foundation invites fun lovers of all ages to the Sun Coast Mother’s Day Fun Fest in (101 Central Park Drive).
The event from noon until 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, includes live music, children’s activities, entertainment and tips on the benefits of a healthy lifestyle for the entire family. Admission to the park is free and food and beverages will be available.
For more information about the Sun Coast Mother’s Day Fun Fest, call 727-483-0661. Additional event information is available at www.suncoastmothersday.com.
5. 1970s. Want to learn more about our county's history? In Pinellas by the Decades 1972 to 1981: municipal boundaries continued to expand as the Tampa Bay region became a popular area for tourism and settlement. Battles over water resources, the expansion of infrastructure and “condomania” gripped the peninsula. The free lecture is Sunday at 2 p.m. in , 11909 125th St. N., Largo. (727) 582-2233 or visit www.pinellascounty.org/heritage.