The skies are clearing this weekend, and it's just in time to enjoy many outdoor activities.
Largo offers a variety of family fun, including a Talako Indian Dance event, fly casting or paddle boarding classes, the Edison and Ford Exhibit and Farm Day and horseback riding.
Nearby, you can also catch the Rays' away game at St. Petersburg's Tradewinds Island Resort.
If you're headed to the library (check out Friday's educational event), remember the Largo Library will be closed on Sunday.
1. Talako Indian Dancers: Enjoy the artful expression of this dance group. Dancers will be dressed in full regalia, with narrative accompanying each dance. This youth organization focuses on spreading public awareness of American Indian culture. Free event, and no reservations are required.
- Friday, July 29, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- , Jenkins Community Wing, 120 Central Park Drive, Largo, FL. 33771
2. Fly Casting Class: If you've ever wanted to try this, stop by Bill Jackson's Outdoor Adventures. The class is taught by certified instructors, and open to all ages. You can bring your own fishing equipment or use theirs.
- Saturday, July 30, at 10:00 a.m.
- For reservations, call (727) 576-4169.
3. Stand Up Paddle Boarding Clinic: This is a growing sport, and Largo has several shops that teach with board rental or offer free . Head to Bill Jackson's on Saturday morning, and you can take a paddle boarding class for free.
- Saturday, July 30, at 9:30 a.m.
- For more information, call (727) 576-4169, or visit Bill Jackson's website.
4. The Edison and Ford Exhibit: Don't miss this special summer event, which features a look back in time. The exhibit shows comparisons of “old Florida” during the lifetimes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford (from 1885 to 1940s) and the landscape of contemporary Florida. Donations are welcome.
- Saturday, July 30, at 10 a.m.; Sunday, July 31, at 1 p.m.
- , 11909 125th St., Largo, 33774
5. Farm Animal Interaction and Horse Rides Day: Enjoy a day at the farm, where you can get up close to furry, farm friends, such as rabbits, dogs, cats, chickens and donkeys. Kids (ages two to sixteen) can take horse rides on a wooded trail. Hot dogs, drinks and popcorn will be available. Admission is a $2 suggested price; horse rides are $5.
- Sunday, July 31, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- 6080 94th Ave., Pinellas Park, FL. 33782
- For more information, call (727) 259-8636, or visit the Saddle Riding Club website.
6. Rays Watch Party: The Rays play the Seattle Mariners in Sunday's away game. Join a family-friendly party to watch Rays baseball. Broadcast on a huge screen, the event will include a live pre-game show. Free to attend. Food and drink are extra.
- Sunday, July 31, at 4 p.m.
- Tradewinds Island Resort, 5500 Gulf Blvd., St. Pete Beach, 33706