1. Florida State Fair. The Florida State Fair goes from Feb. 9 until Feb. 20. New foods at the fair this year include the Mac and Cheese Burger, which is the standard bun and burger with a creamy, scoop of macaroni and cheese. On the sweet side there's deep-fried bubblegum and deep-fried Hershey drops. The Florida State Fair has its own iPhone app. Buy tickets ahead at and save.
2. Sunset Movie at the Pier. Bring the family to Clearwater's Pier 60 for a free movie every Friday and Saturday. Bring a blanket or a low sitting chair and watch the film on the jumbo screen. Popcorn and soft drinks will be available. The movies start at approximately 6:30 p.m. Friday's movie is Dolphin Tale and Saturday's is Grease. (Weather permitting).
3. Senior Idol. Come out and support our Senior Stars on Saturday, Feb. 11 at 2 p.m. at the Largo Cultural Center. The audience will choose three finalists to go to the Tampa Bay Senior Idol. Cost is $6.50. Call 727.329.2618 for more information.
4. Pinellas by the Decades. Pinellas County celebrates 100 years of independence from Hillsborough County this year. February's history lecture focuses on Pinellas in the 1940s . The special interactive history program looks at the positive and negative effects from WWII on the area. Come to Sunday at 2 p.m.
5. Trashy Treasures. Head to Dunedin Fine Arts for a trio of fun events this weekend. Trashy Treasures is an art garage sale featuring gently used artwork and art related supplies. "Contain It" showcases art inside a POD. "Eat This" is a mini-food truck rally. Friday's hours are 6 until 9 p.m. and $5 admission fee. Saturday's hours are 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. with free admission.