1. National Night Out. Community members are invited to join the Largo Police in celebrating the 29th Annual National Night Out. The free event includes fingerprinting, bike registration, kid's safety stations and free document shredding by PROSHRED, Largo Police said. You can also check out a SWAT display, the mobile command vehicle and a Largo Fire Rescue Extrication Demo.
This year's event takes place from 6-8 p.m on Tuesday, Oct. 2 at two locations:
- The Largo Mall Target, 10500 Ulmerton Rd.
- Ulmer Park, 301 W. Bay Dr.
2. Breakfast in the Park. Come to the Largo Community Center for a delicious home cooked breakfast Thursday from 8:30 a.m. until 11 a.m. It's all you can eat eggs, sausage, biscuits, bacon, pastries and more for $7.
3. Family Storystop. Head to the Largo Public Library Wednesday from 6 until 7 p.m. The interactive storytime offers stories, songs and creative activities.
4. Wild Orchids. Award-winning photographer and orchid expert Prem Subrahmanyam will give his highly acclaimed presentation, "Orchids in Our Backyard: Florida's Wild Orchids." The free presentation is Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Pinellas County Extension in Largo.
5. Family Cookout. Make your reservation for the family cookout and camp at Bonner Park, 14444 143rd St in Largo. The fun starts Friday at 6 p.m. The overnight adventure includes a drum circle, smores, night hike and animal presentaiton. Cost is $10 per person. Please call (727) 518-3047 to make a reservation. Spots are filling fast!