The honor escort for U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Matt Sitton will leave MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa at around 10:50 a.m. Friday (Aug. 10). The motorcade will enter Pinellas County around 11:30 a.m., according to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.
Sitton's and encourages people to come out along the route and show their support.
Sitton, 26, died ; it was the third deployment for the Indian Rocks Christian School graduate.
Honor Escort Route:
- Leave MacDill AFB Bayshore Gate
- North on Bayshore Boulevard
- East on Platt St. Bridge
- North on Florida Ave. (Left)
- East on Jackson St. (Right)
- North on N. Jefferson St. (Left)
- East on Twiggs St. (Right)
- North on Channelside Drive (Left)
- East on SR 60
- North on 22nd Street (Left)
- West on I-4 (Left)
- South on I-275
- West on Ulmerton Rd.
- North on Indian Rocks Rd. N. (Right)
- Hubble Funeral Home on Right at 499 N. Indian Rocks Rd.