1. Largo Police continue to investigate a hotel shooting in which one woman was killed and another was critically wounded.
2. U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Matt Sitton of Largo was honored at last weekend's Veterans Day Ceremony in Largo Central Park.
3. Largo's Fireplace Restaurant, on Seminole Boulevard, melds traditional diner fare with Greek specialties and offers affordable prices, large servings and the warmth of home.
4. A dog that belonged to 82-year-old Margaret Wix, who was struck and killed on a Largo roadway, was reunited with Wix's family, thanks to some local animal rescuers and community members who connected through a Patch story.
5. Speaking of rescuing animals, a new method for tracking animal intake at local shelters is aimed at reducing the number of euthanizations in Pinellas County. That could help in instances like the 33 birds recently surrendered at a South Belcher Road home.