Enjoying the current cold front? Consider exploring the world of your favorite Arctic bird?
Penguin Awareness Day is on Jan. 20—so get your kids and take them to Florida Aquarium or Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo to learn more about penguins, a native bird from Antarctica. This is a great opportunity to get everyone out of the house and see penguins in action.
Penguin Awareness Day became a holiday in order to raise awareness to the fact that these flightless birds are on the endangered species list.
Other ways to celebrate this holiday include:
- Dressing like a penguin (those tuxedos are cute!)
- Donating to Non-Profit Organizations that Help Penguins
- Adopt a Penguin
- Educate yourself about penguins and share what you learn with family and friends
- Watch a Penguin Movie You can rent one at local Redbox or Blockbuster Express kiosks.
- Read a book about Penguins at the Largo Public Library
- Eat like a penguin by ordering sashimi from Miyako Sushi Bar & Hibachi Grill
TELL US: How will you celebrate this fun holiday in Largo?