1. The official ground breaking ceremony for the new Highland Recreation Complex will take place on the property grounds at 5:00pm. City government officials as well as Parks and Recreation staff will be on hand to take part in the ceremony, which marks the beginning of the construction phase of the new 40,000-sq. ft. facility. Light refreshments will be served. Enter through the Lake Avenue entrance.
2. Largo City Commissioners meet this evening to discuss the latest agenda items, which include new traffic light warning systems on Clearwater Largo Road, the removal of old fuel tanks from the former PSTA property, and the results of the Community Values Survey will be discussed. The meeting beings at 6:00pm at .
3. The Florida Botanical Gardens is hosting a , with tips on how to incorporate plants into your home landscape and lessons on how to spot certain varieties of herbs and vegetables. The event is free, but pre-registration is requested. If you've never visited this beautiful Walsingham Road facility, this is a great opportunity to do so. Call 727-582-2109 for more information.
4. If you have an interest in painting or have always intended to try it, stop by at 1035 Highland Ave. NE for a instructional batiking, or watercolor on fabric, class with artist Ed Stone. For a cost of $25.00 (plus a $2.00 surface fee), Stone will help teach you how to create your own version of Ed the Egret. Class time is 10:00am. Call 727-412-8641 for more information.
5. Will we finally get the rain that has been threatening to fall for the past couple of days today? According to the National Weather Center, there's a 30% chance of afternoon showers on Tuesday, especially in the afternoon, with a high temperature of 84 degrees. Perhaps we should all wash our cars to help urge the drops we so desperately need out of the sky.