1. What better way to celebrate the arrival of fall weather than by attending a fall festival? The Fall Country Jubilee at Heritage Village features live music, crafts, tours of historic homes and a flea market. The event kicks off Saturday morning at 9:00. Admission is free, but donations are welcome. Call 727-582-2123 for more information.
2. Golf buffs might want to enter the St. Anthony's Golf Classic taking place at the Bayou Club on Friday afternoon. The entry fee is $225 each for the four person scramble, which includes lunch, tee gifts, range balls and a dinner reception. All proceeds go to new Emergency Center capital campaign for the hospital. For more information call Trisha Evensen at 727-825-1109.
3. Orchid lovers won't want to miss the Orchid Friends sale at the Garden Greenhouse on Ridge Road on Saturday. Blooming and starter orchids will be available for bargain prices, and experts will be on hand to help with any questions you might have about maintaining or starting your collection. Call (727) 475-0750 for more info.
4. We know how popular garage sales are in this area, so those of you looking for a good deal on interesting items should head over to the at 525 5th St SE on Saturday. Lots of kids toys and clothes, plus Mary Kay cosmetics and household items will be available to peruse and purchase, starting at 8:00a.m.
5. And how about ending the weekend with a fun run that also benefits a good cause? The Joshua Sage Walk-n-Roll-n-Run Sunday morning at Walsingham Park is a Halloween-themed family event for traumatic brain injury awareness and prevention. The cost is $10 for ages 12 and older; $15 day of the event; free for children 12 and younger accompanied by registered adult. Proceeds benefit the Totes of Comfort & Hope Program. Call 727-342-3410 for registration information.