Weather: Expect scattered showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2p.m. Today's high will near 92 and low around 79 degrees. Today's heat index values as high as 102, according to the National Weather Service.
1. English Tutor Training sessions begin tonight. You change someone's life by becoming a volunteer tutor at the Largo Public Library. The training sessions are:
Tuesday, July 12, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 13, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 16, 10:00am-4:00 p.m.
All three sessions are mandatory for tutor training. For more information or if you would like to become a tutor and are unable to attend all three training sessions, please contact Britney Hord at firstname.lastname@example.org or 727-587-6715 ext. 2501).
2. City Commissioners meet tonight for a work session at 6 p.m. at .
3. Teen Tidal Wave Tuesday is a weekly group that meets to hang out and catch up with friends. The event is for middle and high school aged kids. It takes place at from 7-9p.m. Tickets are $3 and snacks and beverages are included.
4. Join fitness instructor Mark Graden for Cardio Kickboxing at the from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Mark will help you achieve your fitness goals, self confidence and self defense. You'll develop stamina and improve your cardio. Drop-in rate $10.
5. Pump up Your Body tonight from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Largo Community Center, 400 Alt. Keene Rd., in this 60-minute class. This class will integrate larger and smaller muscle groups, working both the upper and lower body while improving your cardiovascular system while having lots of fun. Class is $5 for Largo residents and $6.25 for non-residents.