Want a gift at a bargain price? Local consignment and thrift shops offer interesting and unique merchandise for shoppers.
Largo's Mama's Basement has a whole rack of $3 clothes. And all items in the store are buy one, get one half-off. The Seminole Boulevard shop has a wide variety of new and lightly-used clothes. Plus, the store has a selection of vintage jewelry.
Popular items this holiday season at the Seminole Boulevard shop are clothes and earrings, said shop owner Amy Mercado.
"Customers figure for $3 even if (the recipient) doesn't like it. I can keep it for myself," Mercado said.
At Largo's Indian Rocks Thrift Center, on Walshingham Road, people often purchase dishes for the holidays. For a couple of dollars, people can get serving dishes for holiday parties. People also buy dishes for wedding gifts, said Store Manager Sharon Oliphant.
The store carries furniture, appliances, jewelry, clothes, home decor and kitchen items, Oliphant said.
If you go to Mama's Basement:
- Address: 12077 Seminole Blvd., Largo
- Phone:(727) 639-1238
- Holiday Hours: Wednesday through Friday 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., Open Dec. 24 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Call for other shopping times.
- Holiday Specials: Half-off specials on Christmas Eve
If you go to Indian Rocks Thrift Center:
- Address:12875 Walsingham Rd., Largo
- Phone: (727) 596-8868
- Holiday Hours: Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Holiday Specials:Week of Dec. 17 special is half-price clothing and half-price Christmas items. On Dec. 22, all items are half-off. The store is closed from Dec. 23- Jan. 1.
Want to read about other local places to shop? Sign up for the Largo Patch email newsletter to get our headlines delivered to your inbox or smartphone, for free!
Check the Largo Patch Directory for more thrift and consignment shops around town.
Own a thrift shop in Largo? Please add your holiday specials in the comments section