Everyone has a New Year's resolution, or five, and at the top of many lists is the promise to get healthy.
Here's our list of five ways you can keep your promise to exercise more in 2012. Motivation not included.
1. . Ever try hanging upside down from a pole while supporting your own body weight? It takes a lot of strength, coordination and physical fitness. That's what makes this exotic dance studio an ideal place to work off those pounds and have fun doing it. Stiletto offers burlesque, booty, ballet and pole classes, as well as strength and Pilates training.
2. . Yoga has traditionally been recognized as a relaxing, soothing exercise that is low on impact and high on emotional cleansing. Hot yoga, which incorporates power moves that improve core strength, balance and help burn calories, is like traditional yoga on steroids. At this Walsingham Road facility, you can while soothing your soul, too.
3. Martial Arts. These academies are always useful places to have fun and get fit at the same time. , , and are some of the schools in Largo where you can kick butt and lose weight simultaneously.
4. Boot Camps. These high-energy exercise classes have quickly become the go-to fitness programs of the new millennium. Whether you want to work out at , Largo offers a boot camp that is sure to fit your style. (Note: Some outdoor boot camps don't start up again until March.)
5. Fitness Centers. These stalwarts are not to be overlooked as the staples of weight loss and exercise. Largo boasts a number of fitness centers, including , , and . Check out our directory page for more listings; there's sure to be one that appeals to you.
Happy New Year, and happy exercising!