1. The Wells Fargo Bank on West Bay was allegedly robbed Thursday afternoon. Largo Police seek the public's help in identifying a suspect.
2. An unexpected romance lead to a New Year's wedding on Indian Rocks Beach. The Clearwater couple radiated excitement recently about their wedding plans between bites of a sample Frida's Italian-Rum cake. They ultimately selected the Largo bakery's cake as their wedding day dessert.
3. Hungry? A new family-run pizza place opened on West Bay Drive. Phil Faraone shared his passion recently for serving pizza, pasta and subs with a focus on fresh, homemade food.
Like southern-style barbecue ribs, pork and chicken? Smokin' Rib Shack BBQ, a family-run business on West Bay Drive shared its special recipe for success.
4. Thorntons is now open in Largo. The gas and convenience store at the intersection of Ulmerton and Starkey roads is the second one in Pinellas County. The chain has over 160 locations.
Also, new this week is The Cycle Shop. The one-stop, independent- motorcycle repair shop opened near the intersection of Ulmerton and Belcher roads.
5. The three kittens found in a St. Petersburg freezer in December were adopted by local families at the SPCA Tampa Bay in Largo on Friday.
Want the news delivered to your email box every morning? Subscribe to the Largo Patch newsletter. It's free and we don't give out your email address. Sign up here.