1. The Weather: After about two weeks straight of glorious sunny weather, it's time for Mother Nature to pay us back. It's going to be warm but rainy all day. Highs up to 82 but expect thunderstorms all day.
2. Fun-O-Rama returns: A popular family activity that promotes reading and family bonding is back at the Largo Public Library's Children's program room. The hour-long event begins at 6:30 p.m. where crafts, storytelling and family fun will be had. Largo officials encourage participants to bring pajamas and slippers.
3. Project Prosper: For Largo residents who not just are new to the area, but new to America, are encouraged to attend this helpful meeting at 6:30 p.m. at the Largo Community Center. The gathering helps new immigrants to the area assimilate by offering counseling on financial programs and social integration.
4. S.S. American Victory: Yeah, spring break is here for area high schools To help families find ways to keep kids active, Pinellas students can play on the S.S. American Victory ship for free located at Channelside in Tampa near the Florida Aquarium. After playing on the ships, students can try their hands at crafts.
5. This date in history: Some significant things happened on this date, March 28: America's worst nuclear accident, the overheating of Three Mile Island, occurred on this date in 1979. ... Also, arguably one of America's most popular presidents and one of the most influential men of the 20th century, Dwight Eisenhower, died in 1969. ... In 1915, some two years before America entered World War I, the first American casualty in the war was recorded. Leon Thrasher was a passenger on a cargo-passenger ship, the Falaba, which was torpedoed by a German submarine off the English coast.