Invite a friend
NOW TAKING REGISTRATIONS FOR FISHING CLASS AND DEEP SEA EXCURSION
Are you new to the area, would like to learn more about fishing or just love the sport? You will not want to miss out on this opportunity! Learn fish identification, angler etiquette, knot-tying, casting, rules, regulations, types of equipment, lures and bait. After this four week class, you will jump aboard the Double Eagle for a deep sea fishing trip! Bait, poles and tackle are included. Must have a minimum of 15 for group discount.
Don't wait, as registration deadline is January 22, 2013.
Classes: Taught by Sensing Nature ® (4-classes)
Tuesdays, Jan 29 - Feb 19 from 6-7:30pm
Ages: 18 & up
Location of Classes: Highland Recreation Complex 400 Highland Ave (Temporary entrance off of Lake Ave, just 1 block East of Highland)
Location of Excursion: Clearwater Beach with Double Eagle: Sat, Feb 23 from 8am-12pm
Fee: All participants must have a valid Largo Recreation Card. You may purchase one at the same time of registration.
$56 per participant with a Largo resident recreation card. Includes class, outing, poles and bait on board. $2 parking permit during excursion not included
$70 per participant with a non-resident Largo recreation card. Includes class, outing, poles and bait on board. $2 parking permit during excursion not included
Contact: For questions or to register if you currently have a valid recreation card call Christina Heubel 727-587-6740 x 5008. If you do not have a recreation card, please visit Highland Recreation for your card and to register for class.
|Where||Highland Recreation Complex 400 Highland Ave NE, Largo, FL 33770 (Temporary entrance on Lake Ave.)|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:00 pm–7:30 pm|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Seniors|
|Phone||727-587-6740 x 5008|
|Price||$56 for Largo Residents w/rec card/$70 for non residents w/rec card per person|
More About Highland Recreation Complex
Located across the Largo Police Department, the recreation center is a safe place for kids and families to have fun and take classes. It offers programs in dance, cheerleading, scrapbooks, computers, sports, yoga and wellness.
There are indoor and outdoor basketball courts, a fitness center, hard court tennis courts, skate park and program rooms. The center has the tallest municipal water slide in the county and is home to Highland Family Aquatics Center.
Other events here
- Dance with Dot-Tap Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Dance with Dot-Tap Choreography Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:30 am–12:00 pm
- Woodcarving, wood burning, painting on wood Weekly on Thursdays, 6:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Ab Structure Weekly on Mondays and Thursdays, 6:30 pm–7:15 pm
- Ab and Step Aerobics Weekly on Mondays and Thursdays, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Step Aerobics Weekly on Mondays and Thursdays, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Pinellas Writers and Authors Meeting Weekly on Saturdays, 9:30 am–12:00 pm
- Line Dancing Weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays, 10:30 am–12:00 pm
- Me and Mom Fitness Weekly on Mondays, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Ballroom Dance Basics Weekly on Mondays, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm