For Finley's Irish Pub and Eatery, St. Patrick's Day is like Christmas, New Years Eve and the Fourth of July all rolled into one.
So what would the bar do to when the holiday falls on a Sunday, as it does this year?
How about hosting a three-day weekend bash, filled with a ton of live music, terrific traditional Irish food and enough beer and whiskey to make any leprechaun smile.
That's the concept behind owner Mark Ternes' 'Finfest', which kicks off tonight and runs all the way through Sunday evening with very little rest in between.
“There will be stuff going on inside and out all weekend," Ternes told Patch a few weeks ago as he was planning the event.
“Friday night will be no cover charge, with regular food items like burgers, hot dogs and sandwiches," he explained. "Saturday there will be a $5 cover for the Black Honkeys, and Sunday will be a $5 charge as well, with five traditional menu items like corned beef and cabbage and fish & chips.”
In between there will be a ton of raffles, games, activities and action happening inside the bar as well as under the giant tent Ternes has set up in his parking lot.
“People say I’m trying to compete with O’Keefe’s. I say yes, of course I am! I want to be as big as them!" Ternes said.
“I’m trying to put Finley’s on the map, and I want Largo to be a big part of this.”
Here's a handy guide to the 'Finfest' schedule. Enjoy!
What To Know If You Go:
- What: Finley's Irish Pub & Eatery's 1st Annual 'Finfest'
- When: Friday Mar. 15 - Sun Mar. 17
- Where: 13477 Belcher Rd. S., Largo
- Details: Live music, food and drink all weekend long. There will also be games, raffles, face painting, merchandise vendors, arts & crafts, a Whiskey bar and bagpipers.
- Cost: Admission is $5.00 on Saturday night for the Black Honkeys and $5.00 on Sunday for the St. Patrick's Day festivities.
- Parking: Free parking will be available behind the restaurant and in the half of the parking lot that is not being used for the event
- Contact: Visit the Finley's Facebook page, their website or call 727-535-7858
- The Guinness Band: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 7 p.m. - 11 p.m
- Blues Festival featuring Sugar Daddy Band and Sarasota Slim, Friday 5 p.m. - close
- Black Honkeys, Shakes Society Band and Trigger City Trio, Saturday 5 p.m. - midnight
- Daniel O'Ryan and the CRAIC Band, Tempest, Sunday noon - midnight
Sign up for the Largo Patch email newsletter to get our top headlines delivered straight to your inbox so you won't miss a thing!