Weekend Things to Do: March 30- April 1
Movie in the Park, Beatles Tribute Band, Day of Sales, Charity Walks, Pinellas County Fair
1. Movie in the Park. Bring your blanket Friday night to Largo Central Park. This week's movie Hop (starts at dusk) tells the tale of the Easter Bunny's teenage son's adventures in Los Angeles on his quest to become a drummer in a rock-n-roll band. The free movies are shown on a big screen.
2. Beatles Tribute Band. Yesterday and Today returns to the Largo Cultural Center Friday at 8 p.m. The Beatles Tribute Band played at a special rooftop concert in Largo Central Park earlier this month. The band's set is based on audience requests. Cost is $27.
3. Day of Sales. Largo's first annual "Day of Sales" event is Saturday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Largo Community Center, 400 Alternate Keene Road. There will be live music by the Clearwater Blue Grass Review from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Largo is still accepting vendor applications for the sales, please call (727) 518-3131.
- Community Garage Sale from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Local Crafter's Fair from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Coin Show from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
4. Charity Walks.
- Walk for the Dream- Enjoy a walk through the beautiful Florida Botanical Gardens, 12520 Ulmerton Road and help raise money for children and families in need. The United Methodist Cooperative Ministries fundraiser starts Saturday at 9 a.m.
- MS Walk- The Spring Walk for Multiple Sclerosis kicks off Saturday morning at 9 a.m. in Largo Central Park. Individual walkers are welcome, or join a team.
5. Pinellas County Fair. The Tropicana Field parking lot, 1 Tropicana Drive in St. Petersburg, will have all types of rides, games of chance, live music and a wide selection of food vendors. The fair goes through April 1. Hours: Weekdays from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m., Saturday from 1 p.m. until 11 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. until 10 p.m.