Largo is hopping with activities this weekend. There is something for everyone, from singles to families. Mark the end of your work week with events in and around Largo like an antique appraisal fair, swing dance party, summer swim party, jazz show, singles dance and murder mystery dinner theater.
Antique Appraisal Fair (Saturday)– unearth your treasures and find out how much they’re worth. Presented by the Pinellas County Historical Society, this fundraising event will feature local experts who will appraise your antiques. Specialties include Oriental rugs, Victorian jewelry, rare and vintage books, guns and armor, clocks and pocket watches, collectible glass, furniture, musical stringed instruments, pre-1950 dolls and more.
- Where: Heritage Village,
- When: Saturday, June 18, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Cost: $5 per item or $12 for 3 items.
Largo Swing Dance Saturdays (Saturday) – get your dance shoes on for a night of dancing and socializing. Enjoy a free dance lesson before the floor opens to a night of swing with resident DJ Savoy Swing. Event will be held at Largo Community Center. For more information, call (727) 518-3131.
- Where: Largo Community Center, 400 Alt. Keene Rd.
- When: Saturday, June 18, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. (free lesson is from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Cost: $7
Acoustic Alchemy (Saturday)– enjoy a night of music with this jazz and instrumental band from England. The band will be at the Largo Cultural Center Saturday night. They’ll play hits, such as “Out of Nowhere," "Now I'm On My Way” and "Jamaica Heartbeat”. Make it “dinner and a show” by reserving your spot in a special Meal and Meet and Greet with the Band. For $25, you’ll get a delicious two-course dinner, including dessert, by Lobster Pot Bistro. Dinner will be held at 6 p.m. After the show, you’ll have a chance to meet band members and take photos.
- Where: Largo Cultural Center, 105 Central Park Dr.
- When: Saturday, June 18 at 8 p.m.
- Cost: $32 for advanced tickets; $37 for preferred seating; $37 day of show. Buy tickets for show and dinner, by calling the Center's Box Office at (727) 587-6793.
Glo-Night Summer Kick-off Party (Saturday) – promises to be a cool night out with a huge pool party, music, free food, door prizes and activities. Enjoy the center’s water play on its three-story speed slide, the 214-foot corkscrew slide and the pool’s water fountains. At dusk, the night lights up with a DJ, disco lights, black lights and strobe lights. Open to all ages. The first 100 people will get a free Glo Necklace. Free hot dogs and Chick-Fil-A sandwiches.
- Where: Highland Family Aquatic Center, 400 Highland Ave.
- When: Saturday, June 18, from 8:45 p.m. to 11:45 p.m.
- Cost: $5 residents; $6 non-residents; $9 without a recreation card. For more information, call (727) 518-3018.
Bay Area Singles Dance – enjoy a night of music, dance and fun. Dance the night, as a DJ rocks the floor with music from all eras. Open to singles 40 years old and older. No outside food or drink will be allowed, but a cash bar will be available. Join the first Sunday dance of the season!
- Where: Largo Community Center, 400 Alt Keene Rd.
- When: Sunday, June 19 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Cost: $8. For more information, call (727) 518-3131.
“A Killer Surprise Party” – take dining to the next level with the Detective Dinner Theatre, an interactive night of fun where diners try to solve a whodunit. You’ll receive play money and written clues, as theatre cast members perform around the dinner tables. Each scene is followed by another dinner course. Guests will win prizes for the most correct clues and of course, for solving the crime.
- Where: Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront, 333 First Street South
St. Petersburg, FL. 33701.
- When: Saturday, June 18 at 7:00 p.m. with show start at 7:30 p.m. Reservations are required.
- Cost: $49.95 per person, plus tax. For reservations, call 727-446-8569.