Walmart, Virtual Dementia, Election, and More on Patch
Busy week? Allow us, to catch you up on some of the highlights.
1. Plans for Walmart at Largo Crossroads Move Forward. The recently approved plans would add a Walmart near U.S. 19 and Roosevelt Boulevard. The plans will also provide for the master infrastructure for an apartment complex and a bus station.
2. Virtual Dementia Tour Helps Caregivers Understand What It's Like. The experiential tour at Grand Villa of Largo was meant for caregivers to gain a better understanding of how to interact with a loved one who has dementia.
3. Largo Man Dies in I-75 Crash. Christian Nicholas Reimer was headed north on Interstate 75 in Pasco County when his car left the roadway, crashed into a tree and overturned, authorities said.
4. Firefighter Brings Italian Cooking to Largo Fire Station. Largo firefighters bring a team approach to cooking their own meals.
- Two Largo Questions on Nov. 6 Ballot. As a part of the General Election, Largo residents will have one city referendum question on the Nov. 6 ballot. Voters will also elect a Largo City Commissioner for Seat 4.
- Commission Candidates Squabble Over Firefighters' Support. Largo City Commission Candidate Robert Hunsicker's stumping with two men wearing some firefighter gear caused different interpretations from his opponent, who has been endorsed by the local firefighters' union.
- Bill Clinton: Obama's 'Policies Are Working' The former president received an enthusiastic welcome from voters in St. Petersburg, Florida, Friday.
- Ehrlich Urges Democrats to Vote. Congressional candidate Jessica Ehrlich spoke with supporters, who showed up at a St. Petersburg rally to see former President Bill Clinton.
- Largo 'Housewife' Protests Romney in Tampa. There were some protesters among the thousands showing up to see Gov. Mitt Romney in Tampa Wednesday.
- Voting With a Mail Ballot? Here's Where You Can Drop It Off.The Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections has three designated mail ballot drop-off locations in and around Largo.
- Romney Promises 'Real Change'.Gov. Mitt Romney expounded on his 5-point plan during a speech in Tampa Wednesday. Notables in the crowd included former Tampa Mayor Dick Greco, a Democrat.
- Biden Addresses Sarasota and Bradenton Voters At Campaign Rally.Vice President Joe Biden stumps in Sarasota to address the president's jobs and economic plan.
- Romney Energizes Bay Area Crowd. Gov. Mitt Romney spoke about the need for change during his Oct. 27 rally in Pasco County's Land O' Lakes.