Top Headlines: Alpaca Store, New Firehouse Subs, Citrus Market and a Fatal Accident
Busy week? Allow us to catch you up on some of the highlights.
1. For more than 50 years, John Buck, 78, of Largo, has sold fresh Florida citrus from his Yellow Banks Groves on Walsingham Road. Meet the man behind this local landmark and the delicious treats he sells.
2. A new Largo store offers alpaca apparel, yarn, home decor and more. Have you checked out the new Criativity store and studio yet?
3. Speaking of new businesses, a new Firehouse Subs opened recently at the Bardmoor Promenade Shopping Center. There's also news that Whole Foods Market could be coming to nearby Westfield Countryside Mall. Check out our New Businesses on the Block story and map to see what else is now open in Largo.
4. A week after allegedly getting into a fight that left two people injured, police arrested a man who they say returned to the same Largo neighborhood a week later, this time with drugs.
5. A bicyclist was struck and killed by a van driven by a Largo resident as he crossed Duhme Road in St. Petersburg earlier this week.