Patch Picks: Five Delicious Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt Shops
For a classic summertime treat, try a decadent dessert at one of Largo's ice cream shops: Nick and Niki's Creamery, Yogurt & Ice Cream, Toppery's Creamery, Rita's Water Ice and Missing Links Ice Cream Parlor.
When the temperature hits almost 100 degrees, it's time to cool off. You could take a dip in the pool or go paddle boarding, but sometimes nothing makes you feel better than a tasty, rich treat like ice cream.
You could enjoy the simple classic of a cone to the decadence of a sundae. No matter your favorite scoop, your taste buds will be in heaven.
Satisfy your senses with creamy frozen desserts. Patch scouted some of the best ice cream and frozen yogurt places in Largo.
1. Nick and Niki's Creamery: offers a small shop with outdoor seating. They serve 28 flavors of Working Cow ice cream, frozen yogurt and Italian ices.
Nick and Niki's is located at 11500 Walsingham Road, Largo. For more information, call (727) 216-6526.
2. Yogurt & Ice Cream: offers a variety of treats, such as ice cream, frozen yogurt, smoothies, protein shakes, cakes and pies. You can also find sugar free and fat free flavors.
Yogurt & Ice Cream is located in the Bardmoor Promenade Plaza, next to Publix, at 10801 Starkey Road , Largo , FL. 33777. For more information, call (727) 398-2141.
3. Rita's Water Ice: with a promise of 'ice custard happiness', Rita's offers their summertime flavor, Cantaloupe Ice.The shop serves Slenditis (a fat, free vanilla froze custard dessert), Misto shakes (Italian ice mixed with custard) and gelato (layers of Italian Ice and frozen custard). For a creamy dessert, try their Blendini, a combination of Italian Ice, frozen custard and your choice of mix-in treats, like cookies or candy pieces.
Rita's is located at 1001 West Bay Drive, Largo, FL. For more information, call (727) 581-0680.
4. Topper's Creamery: packs a punch in a small, walk-up shop shaped like a giant ice cream cone. They offer huge shakes, malts, slushes, floats and decadent sundaes with fresh add-ins, such as cookies, candies, walnuts and more. Check out their Wednesday special: a single cone for $1.
Topper's is located at 3695 East Bay Drive, Largo. For more information, call (727) 536-2821.
5. Missing Link Ice Cream: offers a nice selection of soft serve ice cream, frozen ice cream, banana splits and shakes. Play a round of miniature golf at the Missing Links Driving Range, and you'll get a free cone.
The Missing Links Ice Cream Parlor is located at 1201 East Bay Drive, Largo, FL. For more information, call (727) 584-8088.