Labor Day Activities for Families
Here are our picks for fun things to do this weekend in Largo and around Pinellas. Have an idea of your own? Share it in the comments!
- When: Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Where: Largo Central Park, 101 Central Park Drive, Largo
- Cost: Free, donations appreciated.
2. Football. Cheer on the Largo Packers! Its the first home football game of the season Friday.
- When: Friday at 7 p.m.
- Where: Largo High School, 410 Missouri Ave. N, Largo
- Cost: $6 Adults, $4 Senior Citizens
3. Ice Skating. Want to cool off from the heat? The Clearwater Ice Arena has special Labor Day weekend public sessions.
- When: Saturday- noon until 2 p.m., 4:00 until 6 p.m. and 9-10:30 p.m.; Sunday- 2:00 until 3:30 p.m., 7:40 until 9:10 p.m. and Monday 11 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 until 5:50 p.m.
- Where: 13940 Icot Blvd., Clearwater
- Cost: Adults $7.95, Children 6 and under $6.95, Homeschool $4.75
4. Gecko Fest. The 12th annual event is free and family friendly. There will be a parade, dozens of vendors, food for purchase and live entertainment.
- When: Saturday- 10 a.m. until 10 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Gulfport
- Cost: Free admission. Food and other items available for purchase
5. Labor Day Poolside Picnic. Pack a blanket and picnic to celebrate Labor Day at the final public swim session of the season.
- When: Monday- 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Where: Highland Recreation, 400 Highland Ave., Largo
- Cost: $12/$23 (for five person max)