Isaac Prep: Mobile Homes
Mobile home residents must evacuate for a hurricane regardless of their evacuation zone, according to Pinellas County Emergency Management.
Live in a mobile home?
Remember, even if you live in a non-evacuation zone, mobile home residents must evacuate if ordered for a hurricane, according to Pinellas County Emergency Management.
Here are some reminders for hurricane season:
1. Know where you will go ahead of time, if an evacuation is ordered.
2. Take important papers with you or secure them at a location other than your home.
3. Headed to a shelter? Pack medication, special foods, bedding (including a cot or chair), and books or games to pass the time.
4. Let friends or family know your hurricane plans.
5. Make plans for your pets.
6. Special needs patients should register ahead of time with the Largo Fire Department at (727)587-6714.
7. Have a contractor install or strengthen tie-downs or straps on your mobile home.
8. Stay tuned to Patch for Tropical Storm Isaac updates.
Thanks to Pinellas County for these mobile home preparedness tips.
According to U.S. Census figures, 28.5 percent of the housing units in Largo are mobile homes.