Five Things to Know Today: Thursday, March 8
Super Dough, Firkins & Food Trucks, Beach Nourishment, Orchid Hunt
1. What to wear? Expect another mostly sunny day with a high near 84. Tonight there will be patchy fog. The low will be around 64, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Super Dough. Play with clay today at 10 a.m. at Highland Recreation. Children, ages 3-5, can create original pieces of art using cookie cutters, press molds and free hand forms. Cost is $5 for residents, $6.25 for non-residents. Please preregister. The next class is April 12.
3. Firkins & Food Trucks. Barley Mow Brewery, 518 West Bay Drive, hosts this event tonight at 6 p.m. with four food trucks and 15 firkins from around the state. Admission of $30 includes a souvenir sampling glass. Proceeds benefit charity. The event is part of Tampa Bay Beer Week.
4. Beach Nourishment. Plans for the Sand Key beach nourishment project including Indian Rocks Beach will be presented at a meeting tonight at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be in the Belleair Beach Community Center, 444 Causeway Boulevard in Belleair Beach.
5. Orchid Hunt. The West Coast Orchid Society holds its monthly meeting tonight at 7 p.m. at the Pinellas County Extension, 12520 Ulmerton Road. Visitors are welcome. Classes include a program by Bill Thoms on orchid hunting in the Philippines. There will be orchids for sale.