Five Things To Know Today: Oct. 13
In today's five things: ballroom dance the afternoon, play pickle-ball, take a fitness class at the rec center, see what's new in theaters.
- Meet people in your community in Socrates Cafe meet-up from 1-2 p.m. at the Largo Public Library. The group is a volunteer-led program that allows people from all backgrounds to exchange ideas and opinions on a variety of topics in a fun environment.
- Ballroom dance today from 1:30-3:30 p.m. Dance while listening to the sounds of The Ellis Hale Combo at the Largo Community Center. Tickets are $5. Dress is casual and refreshments will be available.
- Pickle-ball is today from 1-5 p.m. at the Highland Recreation Complex. Feel like a winner playing this exciting paddle ball game. Pickle-ball is a combination of Ping-Pong, tennis, and badminton. It's played by two or four people on a badminton-sized court using wood paddle racquets and a plastic, poly baseball with holes. Great for all ages.
- Strengthen and Lengthen your body in a toning workout from 6:15-7 p.m. at the Highland Recreation Complex. This class focuses on building muscle strength and endurance with stresches to complement.
- New to Regal Cinema 8 in Largo Mall is Real Steel starring Hugh Jackman. The film is about a struggling promoter who feels he's found a champion in a discarded robot. During his comeback he reconnects with his 11-year-old son. Watch the trailer. See showtimes at this theater.