Five Things To Know Today: 30-Foot-Tall Waterslide at Rec Center
Have fun this summer at the city's Southwest Recreation Complex pool side waterslide. This and more in today's five things.
- County Commissioners meet today at 3 p.m. A public hearing is scheduled at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be on the fifth-floor assembly room of the Pinellas County Courthouse, 315 Court St. in Clearwater. View the meetings live or on PCC-TV on Bright House Channel 622, Knology Channel 18 or Verizon Channel 44. Read the agenda.
- Teens ages 13-18 can travel through time in the Largo Public Library's weekly program filled with in games, trivia, and crafts from different eras. Program is from 5-7 p.m.
- For $3 teens can hang out with their pals at Highland Recreation Complex from 7-9 p.m. Snacks and giveaways are planned.
- Adults and kids can slide down a new 30-foot-tall, 115 foot long inflatable water slide at the Southwest Recreation Complex. It's $5 per person for unlimited rides. Weekday hours are Monday through Saturday from 10:30 a.m to 2:30 p.m. and Tuesday and Thursday nights from 7-9 p.m.
- For $2 Largo residents can workout at the Southwest Recreation Complex's state of the art fitness center. They have 10 treadmills, two adaptive motion trainers, four recumbent cycles, a Smith Machine and a full Nautilus Strength Circuit.