Five Summer Camp Choices for Kids
Summer is almost here! For kids that can mean the opportunity for fun at summer camp. We highlight several of the camp options around Largo.
1. Quick Fire Chefs. Does your child love watching cooking shows on TV and helping you in the kitchen? Children can learn the basics of chopping, measuring, seasoning and creating a variety of dishes in the Largo Community Center’s new commercial kitchen.
The class for children ages 7-13 is from June 18-22. Beginners will several ways to prepare eggs and basic desserts. Advanced campers will make their own pasta, a breakfast frittata and special barbeque rubs for summer grilling.
2. Camp Funshine. Would your child like a camp that lasts all summer? This camp at Ponce De Leon Elementary, 1301 Ponce De Leon Blvd in Clearwater is Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 6 p.m. The camp kicks off June 11 and runs through August 10. The camp is for grades K-5 completed. It offers themed activities, swimming, field trips, crafts, sports and special guests.
3. Nature Camp. Does your child enjoy the great outdoors? The McGough Nature Park, 11901 146th St. North, Largo offers a series of one-week camps with hiking, swimming, arts, animal encounters and more. Sign up for one week or the entire summer. Themes include Watery Wildlife, Sports in the Park, and Jump, Slither and Crawl.
4. Theatre Camp. The Largo Cultural Center offers two theatre camps. Children ages 8-13 can now register for Seussical Jr., scheduled for June 11-30. For teens ages 12-18 who want to act out their dream of becoming a performer, they are invited to sign up for The Music Man Junior, scheduled from July 16 to August 4. Experienced teachers will train all campers in acting, dance, improvisation, pantomime and stage direction.
5. Indoor Soccer. This cool camp kicks off indoors at the Pinellas Indoor Soccer Academy at 611 Commerce Drive. There are camps July 2-6 and August 13-17. Other sports camps include bowling, golf, baseball, softball, flag football, skim boarding, fishing, street hockey, skateboarding, volleyball and cheerleading.
Want more information?
Parents can select from more than 10 full day camps, 19 sports camps, 20 specialty camps, theatre camps, dance camps and aquatic camps. Mix and match summer camps and locations. For more information visit LargoCamps.com or call (727)518-3016.