Find the Best Deals After Christmas
There never seems to be a shortage of specials and sales during the holiday season. For those who waited until after Christmas better deals are looming.
There never seems to be a shortage of sales during the holiday season. Those who waited to buy their electronics and accessories after Christmas may walk away with a better bargain.
It isn't unusual for people to buy themselves gifts while shopping for others. According to the National Retail Federation, the average a person will spend $107.50 on themselves this year.
To max out on the bargain, wait to treat yourself. The NRF expects some items to be further reduced after Christmas because customers return unwanted gifts. Since retailers need to clear space on their shelves to make room for new products, these items will sell for less.
Items to wait for:
1. Electronics : Although there were great electronics deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, there may be even better deals right after Christmas. These bargains are likely to extend into early January. The Annual International Consumer Electronics Show takes place during the first week of January. This is where most of the major electronics companies showcase new products which many retailers will need to make room for. So buying electronics in early January is a good time to get a great deal.
2. Winter Clothes and Accessories: Winter clothes and accessories, like hats, scarves and boots always seem to go on sale right after Christmas and well into the new year. This is a great opportunity to stock up on next year's cold weather garments.
3. Champagne and Fine Wine: These items usually go on sale right around the holiday's. But expect bigger discounts after New Years as, once again, retailers try to clear out some of the year's inventory.
4. Baking Ingredients: Supermarkets love to stock up on baking items before the holidays because so many people are baking festive goodies. Once the season passes they cut those prices. January is a great time to stock up on all your baking goods.
5. Holiday Cards, Wrapping Paper and Ornaments: Of all the items these items have the biggest reduction in prices some up to 90 percent off. This is a great time to get supplies for next year's festivities.