Cinco De Mayo: Drink Deals, Block Parties, Free Concerts
Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday to celebrate the country's win over the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Celebrate the holiday with our area's festivals, concert, block party, game rides and drink specials.
Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday to celebrate Mexico's battle win over the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. As a special holiday to celebrate that historic victory, the day is seen as an opportunity to rejoice and embrace Mexican heritage and culture.
Join the celebration by enjoying one of the numerous Cinco de Mayo parties in the Tampa Bay area. This year, the holiday lands on a Thursday.
Plan Your Cinco de Mayo Celebration:
- For Cinco de Mayo, Tijuana Flats will offer $2 Mexican beers. Also, if you order $75 worth of catering, you’ll get a $10 gift card for free. Only valid on May 5, 2011.
- Push Ultra Lounge will be celebrating with their 2nd Annual Cinco de Mayo block party. The block party will be held at 2nd Avenue South in St. Petersburg. There will be plenty of music, drink specials and a dunk tank. The party starts at noon and rocks on to the early morning hours, ending at 3 a.m. Push Ultra Lounge is located at 128 3rd Street South, St. Petersburg, FL. 33701. For reservations, call 727-871-7874 or reserve your spot at their website.
- Rock out to a free concert at Jannus Live’s almost 10,000-square foot, outdoor courtyard. Cinco de Drunko is their unique twist on the holiday. Hosted by 98 Rock, the show will start at 7 p.m. and feature Toronto break-out musician, Danko Jones. Jannus Live is located at 16 2nd Street North, St. Petersburg, FL. 33701.
- Go play with Celebration Station’s Cinco de Mayo. Take the family and enjoy their burrito and taco buffet, unlimited go-cart rides, bumper boats and kid rides for only $12.99. Event will be held from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Celebration Station is located at 24546 U.S. 19 North, Clearwater, FL. 33763. For more information, call 727-791-1799.
- Learn how to salsa dance at the one of the area’s biggest festivals: the three-day 2011 Cinco de Mayo Festival in Tampa. Hosted by The Bay Area Renaissance Festival, the event will be a celebration of Mexican history, culture, entertainment, food and drink. Activities will include carnival rides, Latin entertainers, a chili contest, children’s area, Miss Tampa Latina Pageant, marketplace and more. Enjoy happy hour specials from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with a free beer. The festival starts Thursday, May 5 through Saturday, May 7, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. The Bay Area Renaissance Festival Grounds is located at the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI), 11315 N. 46th St., Tampa, FL. 33617.