Census Bureau Predicts U.S. Population to Top 315 Million in 2013
Here's an interesting fact to consider as we welcome the new year. In January of 2013, the U.S. Census Bureau is expecting one birth to occur every eight seconds in the United States and one death every 12 seconds.
The U.S. Census Bureau predicts that on Jan. 1, 2013, the total United States population will be 315,091,138.
This is an increase of 2,272,462, or .73 percent from New Year's Day 2012.
The number also reflects a 2.05 percent increase since the most recent Census Day on April 1, 2010.
But what about Largo? According to 2010 Census data:
- The population of Largo is 77,723.
- 9,976 residents from 2007-2011 were veterans.
- Largo is 17.62 square miles.
- There are 4,407.3 people per square mile living in Largo.
- The average travel time to work was 21.1 minutes.
- 52.8 percent of Largo's population is female.
- 86.3 percent of Largo's population is white.
- 5.6 percent of Largo's population is black.
- 9 percent of Largo's population is Hispanic.
- 15.6 percent of Largo's population is under the age of 18.
- 26 percent of Largo's population is over the age of 65.
- 86.5 percent of Largo's population graduated from high school.
- 19.2 percent of Largo's population has a bachelor's degree or higher.
- Largo's home ownership rate from 2007 to 2011 was 61.4 percent.
- The median value of owner-occupied homes in Largo is $114,900.
- There are 2.09 people per household in Largo.
- Largo's median household income from 2007 to 2011 was $40,493.
Thanks to the U.S. Census Bureau for passing along this information.
Want the news delivered to your email box every morning? Subscribe to the Largo Patch newsletter. It's free and we don't give out your email address. Sign up here.