One of the most delicious parts of any holiday is the dessert. And at Christmas, cookies are often the go-to sweet ending at holiday gatherings and meals.
Even for those who do not have a sweet tooth, holiday cookies are often an art-feast for the eyes, such as colorful, jam-filled thumbprint cookies, iced gingerbread men and powdery-white snow balls.
If baking at home is not part of your holiday plan, Largo bakeries offer a great selection of beautiful and delicious Christmas cookies.
- The Largo bakery offers shipping, and cookies are also available at local stores around Pinellas County. Casey's Cookies offers developmentally and physically disabled adults the opportunity to learn teamwork and valuable job skills through its bakery.
- Casey's cookies are available in holiday packaging.
- 2575 East Bay Dr., Largo
- Christmas cookies at Cesarina's are simply known as Italian cookies. Some of the choices are: Italian wedding cookies, jam-filled thumbprints and rugelach (crescent-shaped dough, which is rolled and filled with nuts or jams). The cookies are so popular, they are sold throughout the year.
- 9700 Ulmerton Rd., Largo
- Frida's bakes its cookies daily with options such as trees, bells, stars and spritz butter. Cookies are available in trays. Other holiday sweets include yule log, German Stollen, fruit cake and Holiday's Hawaiian Rum Cake.
- 1995 East Bay Drive, Largo
- Homemade cookies and a variety of international desserts.
Know of a local bakery we missed? Please add it to the comments.