Authorities: Worker Accidentally Electrocuted on East Bay Drive
A ladder the worker was using apparently touched some live wires at a Largo business.
A man working as a painter at a Largo business was electrocuted Friday, when he accidentally touched some live wires with his ladder, police say.
The Largo Police and Fire Departments investigated an apparent accidental electrocution at 1415 East Bay Drive on Dec. 14.
Authorities identified the victim as, Alfred Williamson, 35, of Brandon. Williamson was reportedly doing work on the property as a painter, according to Largo Police Lt. Mike Loux.
The man was painting a building for the L&S Bait Company, "when he accidentally touched live wires overhead with his ladder," according to the Tampa Bay Times.
The accident, near Progress Energy's Largo substation, caused about 120 customers to lose power in the area for several hours, the Times reports.
Williamson died at the scene, police report.
The investigation is ongoing.
Stay with Largo Patch or sign up for our free email newsletter to receive updates to this story.