5 Things to Do This Weekend: Sept. 7-9
Here are our picks for fun things to do this weekend in Largo and around Pinellas. Have an idea of your own? Share it in the comments!
1. Stars & Stripes USA Show. Drift back to the 1940s big band era with swing dancing, tribute performances from the WWII era and live orchestra.
- When: Friday, Sept. 7 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Armed Forces History Museum, 2050 34th Way, Largo
- Cost: $23 for museum admission
2. End of Summer First Friday. Family fun, shopping, food, music, street performances in downtown Largo.
- When: Friday, Sept. 7 from 6 until 11 p.m.
- Where: O'Shy's Irish Tap House, 80 Clearwater Largo Rd. N., Largo
- Cost: Free Admission, Food and drink available for purchase.
- When: Friday, Sept. 7 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Seminole City Park, 7464 Ridge Road, Seminole
4. Soggy Doggy. Does your dog like to swim? It's doggy days at the Highland Pool!
- When: Saturday, Sept. 8 from 11 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. for dogs shorter than 18 inches and 1:30 until 3:30 p.m. for dogs taller than 18 inches. Sunday, Sept. 9 from noon until 3 p.m. for all dogs.
- Where: Highland Family Aquatic Center, 400 Highland Ave., Largo
- Cost: $5 per dog, humans are free.
5. I Like It Hot Festival. This 12th annual festival celebrates hot and spicy foods and sauces.
- When: Saturday, Sept 8 from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 9 from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Where: Minnreg Hall, 6340 126th Ave. N., Largo
- Cost: Adults $5, Children 12 and under are free