5 Things to Do This Weekend, Sept. 14-16: Full Monty, Music in the Park
Here are our picks for fun things to do this weekend in Largo and around Pinellas. Have an idea of your own? Share it in the comments!
1. Full Monty. Largo's Eight O' Clock Theatre presents the Full Monty. Some unemployed steel workers decide to make some quick cash by creating a strip act at a local club, after they hear how much fun their wives had on a "Girls' Night Out."
- When: Sept. 14-23, Thursday through Saturday 8 p.m., Sunday 2 p.m.
- Where: Largo Cultural Center, 105 Central Park Dr., Largo
- Cost: $25.50
- When: Friday, Sept. 14 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Seminole City Park, 7464 Ridge Rd., Seminole
- When: Saturday 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Sunday noon until 5 p.m.
- Where: Pinewood Cultural Park off of Walsingham Road, Largo.
- Cost: Free admission to cultural park events. Some food available for purchase. See Centennial story for details.
4. Give 'M Shelter 5K. This first annual race is a fundraiser for impoverished families around the world. The event organizer is the Pinellas Park Church of Christ.
- When: Saturday 8:15 a.m.
- Where: John Taylor Park, Largo
- Cost: $20 for 5K, $15 for 1 mile walk/run
5. Night Hike. Enjoy a September walk in the woods! There is no cost for this guided hike. Flashlights are optional.
- When: Saturday 6:30 p.m.
- Where: McGough Nature Park, 11901 146th St. N, Largo
- Cost: Free