5 Things to Do This Weekend, Nov. 9-11: Open Air Market, Veterans Day
Here are our picks for fun things to do this weekend in the Largo area. Have an idea of your own? Share it in the comments!
1. Nature Preserve Cleanup Day. Help protect Largo nature parks from invasive plants that choke off native vegetation. Volunteers will help remove air potato and Brazillian pepper from the preserve. Water and gloves will be available. Please wear close-toed shoes.
- When: Saturday 9 a.m.
- Where: Largo Central Park Nature Preserve, 150 Highland Ave., Largo
2. Open Air Market. Browse through a variety of fresh local produce and food vendors, crafters, and jewelry artists.
- When: Saturdays (through May 25) from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Where: Largo Community Center, 400 Alt. Keene Rd., Largo
3. Family History Day. Get one-on-one help researching your family history.
- When: Saturday, noon until 4 p.m.
- Where: Largo Public Library, 120 Central Park Dr, Largo, FL
4. Veterans Day Ceremony. Largo will honor all veterans and active duty military personnel. The ceremony will include special music and a color guard presentation.
- When: Sunday, 7 p.m.
- Where: Largo Central Park, 101 Central Park Drive, Largo
5. Legally Blonde. The musical based on the hit movie is at the Largo Cultural Center. A college sorority star. who won't take no for an answer, pursues her dream to go to Harvard Law School. Legally Blonde runs through Nov. 18.
- When: Thursday through Saturday at 8 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Where: Largo Cultural Center 105 Central Park Dr, Largo
- Cost: $23.50 (Plus, any applicable ticket fees).