5 Things to Do This Weekend: Aug. 17-19
Here are our picks for fun things to do this weekend in Largo. Have an idea of your own? Share it in the comments!
1. Gracie's Big Splash. This splashing fun event includes water slides, games, activities, music and a bake sale and is a fundraiser originally created for for Gracie Purdy who was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2007 and died ten months later. The fundraiser continues to help other families with children with life-threatening illnesses.
- When: 5:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 17
- Where: Dimmit Community Center, 918 Osceola, Belleair
- How much: $10
2. Garage Sale & Health Fair in Largo. Pack up everything and bring it to the garage sale at the Southwest Recreation Complex (tables are still available) or come and browse the sale. At the same time, there will be a health and wellness fair, which will feature chair massages, ear and hearing scans, vision and glaucoma screenings, and more.
- When: 8 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 18
- Where: Southwest Recreation Complex, 13120 Vonn Rd
- How much: Free
3. Night Hike. Nature lovers will enjoy this interpretative nature hike though McGough Nature Park's habitats.
- When: 6:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 18
- Where: George C. McGough Nature Park, 11901 146th N St.
- How much: Free
4. Touch-a-Truck. The Armed Forces History Museum is featuring Touch-A-Truck this Saturday as a part of its Sizzling Summer promotion. World War II reenactments will be a highlight, and this event is sure to be cool for children.
- When: 10 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 18
- Where: Armed Forces History Museum, 2050 34th Way N
- How much: $17.95 adults, $12.95 for ages 4-12. Some vehicles will be available for rides at an additional fee.
5. Clearwater Threshers Game. Watch the Clearwater Threshers take on the Manatees this weekend.
- When: 1 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 19
- Where: Bright House Field, 601 Old Coachman Rd.
- How much: $5-$12