5 Things to Do This Weekend: Aug. 24-26
Here are our picks for fun things to do this weekend in Largo. Have an idea of your own? Share it in the comments!
1. Moxy Miracle Concert and Healthy Living Expo. Friday's concert and varitey show features local musicians and performers. Saturday's expo includes health-related products and services. Health screenings will be available.
- When: Friday's concert starts at 8 p.m. Saturday's expo is from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Where: Largo Cultural Center, 105 Central Park Drive, Largo
- Cost: $27 for concert. Expo is free.
2. Fit-A-Thon. Want some new exercise or healthy life style options? Consider the Fit-A-Thon at the Highland Recreation Complex. Fitness instructors will demonstrate their classes and give participants the opportunity to try a variety of exercises.
- When: Saturday from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m.
- Where: Highland Recreation Center, 400 Highland Ave., Largo
3. Family Fun Day. The Seminole Recreation Department will hold a free open house, which includes Touch-a-Truck, Wii games, bounce houses, hot dogs, crafts and more.
- When: Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Where: Holland G. Mangum Recreation Center, 9100 113th Street North, Seminole.
4. Saddle Up Fall Open House. Hay rides, music, games, food and horse rides will be available Saturday afternoon. The club provides equine therapy and guests can learn more about the available programs.
- When: Saturday, gates open at 2 p.m. Horse rides start at 4 p.m.
- Where: Saddle Up Riding Club, 6080 94th Ave., Pinellas Park
- Admission is $2. Horse rides are $5 each.
5. Sand Castles. See giant sand castle replicas of the White House, Abraham Lincoln and more behind the Bilmar Beach Resort in Treasure Island. Just in time for the RNC, the display begins Sunday.
- When: Begins Sunday
- Where: Bilmar Beach Resort, 10650 Gulf Blvd., Treasure Island