Last Chance to apply for 2013 property tax savings!
February 25, 2013
Pinellas County – Permanent residents of Pinellas County may qualify for one or more property tax exemptions, which may result in hundreds of dollars in property tax savings, but they must apply by the March 1st deadline. Regular office hours are 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Property owners may also apply online from the website at www.pcpao.org.
Florida offers several property tax benefits for qualified residents:
- Homestead Exemption for a primary residence
- Low Income Senior Exemptions
- Widow/Widower Exemptions
- Disability Exemptions and Exemptions for Blind Persons
- Exemptions for Veterans with a Service Connected Disability (or for his or her surviving spouse)
- Discount for combat wounded Florida Veterans over age 65
- An additional property tax exemption for certain deployed members of the United States military.
Each exemption has its own set of qualifications. To find out if you qualify, or for additional information, call the Personal Exemptions Division at 727-464-3294, or visit the Pinellas County Property Appraiser website at www.pcpao.org.
The deadline to file for 2013 is March 1, 2013.